Institutional Study Tour
What is a study tour (overview)? Institutional
A study tour is a travel experience with specific learning goals. The learning goals of each study tour vary, but are always spelled out in the course syllabus that is distributed to each learner. Study tours emphasize experiential learning and offer both group and self-directed activities that enable learners to explore new territories, cultures, and people.
Study tours are designed to be both fun and educational. Our groups enjoy the local cuisine, socialize freely, and make use of the local recreational and cultural resources of the areas that we visit. However, study tours are NOT party trips.
What are some of the advantages of traveling with one of our groups?
- 1. Usually, you can get a better value for the whole package that you can by traveling on your own (or even with another group).
- 2. You don’t have to worry about driving in strange territory with unfamiliar customs or when you are tired.
- 3. No worries or hassles about where to stay, how to get there, or even checking in!
- 4. Access to your professional guide and/or SCC escort for help and advice.
- 5. Itineraries designed to maximize your overall experience.
Industrial Study Tour
Industry study tours include field trips, site visits and more lengthy tours. Industry study tours might last a day or a month and aim to create opportunities by travelling to industry-related places and situations, allowing Businessmen to apply theory, see theory in practice, ask questions of professionals in situ, compare and contrast different sites of work and connect curriculum and learning to professional practice.
The category of field study incorporates diverse activities, from site visits to a local workplace to international study tours. Many examples of professional learning involve visiting a work site or going to see an example of industry product. Trips might be a two hour tour of a nearby facility, or a study tour to a different hemisphere. Importantly, fieldwork can often be an intense industry engagement experience for Businessmen.